Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Banana Ice Cream


Growing up when my mom would make homemade ice cream, she would usually make banana... 

I loved it!

She wouldn't use heavy cream or sweetened condensed milk, it was made with skim milk and cool whip and it was perfect.

One day soon I will whip up a batch of this nostalgia...

However, the recipe I have for it was for a 4 quart rock salt ice cream maker... and our new little cusinart makes 1 1/2 quarts (no salt or ice... yippee!) and well... I stink at math ;) so I decided to go an easier route and turned to twitter...


Cris Goode
Anyone got a great homemade banana  ?


Mandy's recipe was just what I was looking for! It was on the healthier side and was made with ingredients that were already in my fridge.


I took three ripe bananas


One individual vanilla yogurt


1 1/2 Cups Skim Milk


1/2 Cup Sugar


Let the very excited 3 year old press the blender buttons.


Blend until smooth


Pour into the ice cream maker


Get things a stirring and explain to the anxious 3 yr old that it is going to take a few minutes (about 20). I have to give it to the girl... she waited patiently for the canister to freeze overnight...


Yum! I couldn't believe how creamy this was given that it was made with skim milk.


Now, to harden it up a bit more, place in a container and put shrink wrap or press and seal down on it to prevent ice crystals from forming.


Put a lid on it and by tomorrow we will have scoopable ice cream for Addie's cone :)

Enjoy!


Photobucket

3 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks like a delicious recipe. I'll have to give it a try. I have a similar ice cream freezer and I love it !
Have a great day..... hope you do something fun :)

Please tell me how to get to the recipe for your "original" Mom's recipe for the Banana Ice Cream.
Thanks - Love to read your website!
free2b3995@yahoo.com

I just saw my ice cream maker in storage this afternoon. I'm dragging that thing out to make ice cream sometime in the next month or so. Banana sounds wonderful. By the way, we use plain old water softener salt, which we get in huge bags at the gas station.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More