Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Super Mommy Secrets: Running Errands


This week's Super Mommy Secret is about corrallin' the kiddos while runnin' errands. Now, I don't know about you, but I much prefer runnin' errands sans kiddo... however, that isn't always a possibility.

So, when I gots Miss Add in tow, here are some of the tricks I have to keep us safe and sane.

  • For long grocery trips the GOODe ole standby of coloring book and crayons works like a charm. Coloring on the go so to speak ;)
  • When my hands are full and I need to walk with Miss Add in public, we have the pocket rule. Miss Add keeps her hand in mama's pocket as we walk down side walks or in crowded areas.
  • We do the same thing when we get to the car and I can't buckle her in right away. She has the door rule, where she knows she has to hang on to the door of the car and not let go.
  • Don't... I repeat... DON'T forget Gilbert (or your child's version of him).
  • Car ride sing-a-longs make for less hectic driving environments and precious moments.
  • While we shop we play games, spell words, read packages together or quietly sing songs.
  • Miss Add is the best rememberer ever... when trying not to forget something, I often ask Miss Add to remind me.
What are your Super Mommy Secrets to successful errand running with the kids? Comment below and I will add your thoughts to this post.

Next week's Super Mommy Secret is going to be Allison's Reusable Fabric Softener Sheets- easy on the budget and the environment! Thanks Allison!

Do you have a Super Mommy Secret you'd like to share? Send it to us!

Linked to:


Photobucket

11 GOODe Thoughts:

I hope you're talking about hanging onto the INSIDE of the door, not the outside. (I just had this weird visual - sorry.) :-) I wonder how people do this with 3 or 4 little kids. YIKES. I had two small ones at once and it wasn't fun going into a store, especially when one or both would crawl out of the cart and hide in the clothes racks! They tend not to do that now at ages 22 and 24. :-) Well, at least not when they're with ME.

Great ideas! Thankfully Pie isn't mobile yet, so she's stuck whereever I put her!

Great ideas! Thankfully Pie isn't mobile yet, so she's stuck whereever I put her!

Great ideas! Thankfully Pie isn't mobile yet, so she's stuck whereever I put her!

There needs to be an amendment to the pocket rule...When pocket rule is initiated, the parent MUST be wearing a belt. When Miss Add decided to hit the brakes the other day, she 'bout took Daddy's shorts with her...

Great tips. Love the pocket rule, especially since Adam is obsessed with pockets.

When I was little, I used to walk with my hand in my dad's back pocket. We were at Rural King once (I was itty bitty). A man walked past with his wallet in his back pocket and the same tobacco pouch that my dad always had. I thought it was my dad and stuck my hand in his back pocket. haha, that guy jerked around thinking someone was stealing his wallet. There I was, all of 5 years old with huge eyes and horrified because it wasn't who I thought it was :).

New Follower from Following Friday. Please follow back?

Thanks
Ruthie Joyce

New Follower from Following Friday. Please follow back?

Thanks
Ruthie Joyce

There needs to be an amendment to the pocket rule...When pocket rule is initiated, the parent MUST be wearing a belt. When Miss Add decided to hit the brakes the other day, she 'bout took Daddy's shorts with her...

Great ideas! Thankfully Pie isn't mobile yet, so she's stuck whereever I put her!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More