Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Crab Bisque


Tonight's recipe is Crab Bisque. Truth be told this one was one of my FREEZE-O-RAMA recipes from my last cooking day, but it never made it to the freezer ;).


It was one of the first recipes I have tried from my new Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers and although it didn't make it to the freezer, it was a pleaser and definitely an addition to the Goode Family Favorites ;)


The actual recipe is above... but you know me... I heart my little alterations ;)


You start by sauteing  1 chopped onion, 1 sliced celery rib and 2 banana peppers in 3 T butter... Psst... turn down your heat so you don't brown quite as much as I did above ;)


Add two cans cream corn


And two cans cream of potato soup


1 1/2 Cup Milk


1 1/2 Cups Half and Half


And now my little addition... 1/2 Cup of Sherry ;)


And some (1 T) Old Bay baby!



Now back to your regularly scheduled seasonings...


2 Bay Leaves, 1 t thyme, 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/2 t White Pepper ... I skipped the hot sauce cause we all know I am a weanie ;) 

Now mix'er up


Now grab three cans of crab meat... drain it, flake it and make sure to get any bits of cartilage outta there. 

Call me Jessica Simpson, but I had no idea that crab meat came in a can...



Anyhoo, add the crabbiness to the soup, mix and heat through.


Yummy for the tummy! So warm, rich and comforting... and the sherry and Old Bay were perfect additions!


Now, while this didn't quite make it to the freezer, several things did...


7 double portions of my Garden Chili (recipe to come!!!)


6 portions of Texas Ranch Soup


10 Banana Nut Muffins (from Fiber One Box Mix)


12 double portions of Scratchy Peachy Oatmeal Pancakes


2 family portions of Herbed Turkey and Rice Pilaf


3 family portions of Turkey Tetrazzini




13 family portions of Seasoned Ground Beef 

I didn't quite get to everything on my list, but my freezer is full  and I am a happy camper :)

Do you have a favorite soup?

Do you chill, baby? What is your favorite thing to freeze?

Pssst... Have you voted on my Goode Gooseberry Project decision? I will be using a lot of those Gooseberry Patch recipes in future FREEZE-O-RAMAs, so help me decide... purdy please???


Photobucket

6 GOODe Thoughts:

I will definitely try the crab bisque recipe!! With the cooler Fall weather comes soup season! I love taste of home recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Cris
I can't believe how much you have cooked Your working yourself to the bone. Sure will be handy when you are busy

Hi, Cris.
I'm pokin' around your recipes. I've gotten out of the habit of freezer cooking, but thinking I should get back to it.
I really need to try that crab bisque. I don't think it would make it to my freezer, either!

I made the crab bisque recipe today. I went with the original version and put it all in the crockpot. It was soooo yummy!! Next time, I will add and extra can of crab meat.

I'll post about it on my blog later this week and will link back to your blog. Thanks again for sharing.

Oh, that looks good! I love anything with crab in it.

Normally I just clean out the pantry when making soup. People always ask for exact recipes since the soup is so good, but I never have one. Literally whatever I want to get rid of in the pantry goes in and it tastes good.

Your crab bisque sounds delicious. And my goodness you were working hard to get all those things in the freezer. But how nice it will be to have dinner all ready on winter evenings!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More