Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

GOODe Project: Help me choose!

I am sooo excited I can hardly type. I am embarking on a new project and I am thrilled to tell ya about it.

Have you seen the Julie/Julia Project? Or seen the movie Julie & Julia???


I absolutely heart it... really.


For those of you who have been living under a rock and never heard of this, it is about a gal who started a blog and blogged her way through Julia Child's cookbook. The movie is about both the blogger, Julie and the cooking icon Julia Child's lives ;)

Now I grew up in the age without the Food Network and Julia Child was about the only cook on TV that I can remember as a kid. I remember lovin' her so much that I would pretend I was her as I wrapped my modeling clay in tin foil pretending it was the Thanksgiving turkey and I, Miss Cris, was your cooking show a la Julia. We won't talk about how that modeling clay was green and made for the most unappetizing bird.

Anyhoo, as an adult I discovered that while I love Julia, her cooking style doesn't exactly fit my lifestyle. However, after seeing the movie for the 100th time, I gots to thinkin' that I do have a certain cookbook (or set of cookbooks) that I'd love to cook my way through and blog about along the way. 

An idea was born:






I emailed my GOODe friends over at Gooseberry Patch and asked if they'd mind if I let my readers choose one of their cookbooks for me to cook through here on GOODEness Gracious. As usual, they were wonderful and gave me the green light.



So, I gots to diggin' and picked out three books that I would love to cook through, but there are only 28 24 hours in this mama's day, so I would like for you, dear reader, to vote and tell me which you'd like to see up close and personal here on GOODEness Gracious ;)

So, here are the contenders... choose wisely dear readers, my family's meal times depend on it ;)

Bachelor #1 is: What's For Dinner? 


What's For Dinner describes itself as "Fix-it-fast recipes plus quick-as-a-wink tips for making everyday dinners delightful". It includes:
  • Can't Miss Casseroles
  • Savory Slow Cooking
  • Meatless Mains
  • Very Veggie Sides & Salads
  • Hot Off the Grill
  • Dinner for Two
  • Delightful Desserts
Bachelor #2 is: Mom's Favorite Recipes


Mom's Favorite Recipes describes itself as "What Moms are making everyday from all across the USA!"
It includes:
  • Outta Bed, Sleepyhead
  • It's Snack Time
  • Hot & Hearty... Soup's On!
  • Don't Forget to Eat Your Veggies!
  • It's Six O'clock, Mom, What's for Dinner?
  • No Dessert 'til You Clean Your Plate!
  • Mom's Prize Winning Jams, Jellies, Pickles & Preserves
  • Clever Uses for Flea Market Finds
And, last but not least, Bachelor #3: 5 Ingredients or Less!


5 Ingredients or Less! describes itself as "Fresh recipes for every season plus clever tips for celebrating every day." It includes the following for each season (spring/summer/autumn/winter):
  • Appetizers
  • Soups & Breads
  • Salads & Sides
  • Mains
  • Desserts

So, what will it be??? Leave a comment below with your choice or vote on the sidebar :) 

Next week I will announce the winning book and well... I'll get a cookin'

Photobucket

44 GOODe Thoughts:

Such a hard choice!!! Thanks to my wonderful sister, I have the first one...so I know some of the yummy recipes in that one, but have barely scratched the surface of the awesome meals in this book. SO, What's For Dinner gets my vote. Maybe I'll follow along behind you with my copy! :)

Loved the movie and I agree with you that Julia isn't my style but I love the concept. I vote for What's For Dinner. This will be fun!

With busy schedules I go for the 5 items or less. Sounds like a great idea, look forward to following what ever the choice is.

How cool is this???????? I'm game for any of the three, but if you have to put me outside my comfort zone and pick just one, I would go with "What's for Dinner?" That question always ups my blood pressure several digits! Can't wait!

Hi Cris.
My vote goes to : 'Mom's favorite recipes'.
Best of luck.
Looking forward to seeing which one you pick and for you to share with us.

What a great idea! It's hard to choose, and I do like the idea of 5 ingredients or fewer, but I'll go with the first one, 'What's For Dinner.'

Have fun. And from one who HAS been living under a rock, I need to get that movie from Netflix. :-)

Hi Cris! I absolutely heart your blog! I am so excited about your new project! This new mama votes for "Mom's Favorite Recipes". With a one year old who is a lover of food like his parents I am always looking for mama friendly recipes.

I have all three cookbooks, and the rest as well, with the exception of this seasons latest ones. Joann's Fabric store doesn't have them yet. I love getting them 40% off with coupons. I've been a Gooseberry fan for years and years. I love their calendars and last year I waited too long to order my usual three. One for myself, my aunt, and a cousin. I was so disappointed, and it won't happen again this year. I miss their catalog. I loved it when they first began and had items in the catalog that were hand crafted and signed. I have a few Christmas santas that I absolutely love. Anyway, i voted for "What's for Dinner". Take care.

Well, since I often ask it anyway..."What's For Dinner?" sounds like a great choice!!!

I'm with the crowd on "What's for Dinner?" The meatless mains and very veggie sides and salads have piqued my interest.

Cranberry Morning, I just crawled out from under that rock. I just saw the movie a few weeks ago! My mother-in-law said Julie reminded her of me, which I take as a super deluxe compliment!

Cris, looking forward to following you on this project!

Wow girl! You are always embarking on new ideas! I wish I had your talent to come up with things like this:) I too love Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks! My Mom and I have loved Goosberry since they started. What's for Dinner is a great one, and one that I own myself. I think I have cooked about everything in there! The other two sound very interesting, so I think you can't go wrong with whatever one wins :) But, my vote is Bachelor #3! The fewer ingredients..the better! Reason being, I am a penny pincher and I love being economically frugal. Can't wait to see the results!

I must admit I have never seen that movie. but it sounds good. I would go for what's behind door number 2.

Yay! We're so excited to be a part of this adventure, Cris...thanks for thinking of our cookbooks first! :)

I have to go with whatever is easiest - #2 or #3. But is number 3 one of those "it's only 5 ingredients but they're the weirdest things ever" cookbooks?

I voted for "5 or Less," but I can follow you on that or "What's for Dinner." If you choose #2 I may just have to buy that cookbook... ;-)

Cris, I live for your blog and can't wait to see you blog your way thru "What's For Dinner".

Thanks so much for swinging by! I'm so glad you did b/c it brought me to your site! 'Goode' luck on your Gooseberry adventures! I look forward to following along. :O)

I vote for the 5 ingredients or less IF it's normal ingredients - like Katie said. If not, then the mom one!

How fun. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Julie & Julia and have often though about doing the same thing w/different cookbooks. I hope you have a great time doing this. I look forward to reading your posts!

I vote for "Whats For Dinner?"

Which ever one you choose will be good, I am sure...I suggest Mom's Favorite...and really loved the movie....

Even though I'd love to see them all, I'm going to go with the 5 ingredients because I'm so busy anymore...this should be fun!

I loved the movie and I love gooseberry cookbooks as well! I picked What's for dinner for the cookbook . It is what I always hear in my house and the more recipes I can choose from the better.

Thanks ladies!!! Keep the votes a coming!!!

This is amazingly awesome! What a clever and fun idea! And of course the ladies at Gooseberry would love this, too! OK, I vote for Mom's Favorite Recipes because: this one differs slightly from the other two... includes jams, jellies, pickles & preserves, etc., AND includes Clever Uses for Flea Market Finds. So if this wins, will you be doing some flea market finds as well as the cooking?
Good Luck! I think I envy you!!!

That's going to be exciting! I'd have to vote for What's For Dinner?
GOODe luck!
Kim

Love that you are doing this and will add you to my Google Reader. Found you through Gooseberry's FaceBook post. It's a tough choice - my first thought was 5 ingredients, but I'm going to vote for "What's for Dinner".

Such a fun project! I've thought about doing something similar MULTIPLE times. I'm sure you'll have a great time! I vote Mom's Favorites! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

Great project.. Good luck. My vote goes for " What's for Dinner"
Great book and good recipes from the ones I've tried in it.

This is such a great idea!!!! I think you should do Mom's favorite recipes!! Can't wait to follow your blog and see how it goes! I might have to try this out myself :)

I have all three and my favorite is Mom's favorite recipes. That one gets my vote!!!

The 5 or less might be cheaper for you in the long run! But the Mom's seems the most fun and the one you have the most freedom of creativity with so that gets my vote!

I vote for Mom's Favorite Recipes :) Good luck! Can't wait to read about your adventure!

This is a great idea. I have LOTS of GBP books and have two of these, but I don't have the "Whats for Dinner", so will vote for that and might have to get the book and follow along. Good Luck. My DD got me the movie and I loved it.

I vote for Mom's. I love this cookbook!

MOM'S FAVORITES gets my vote.....I love this cookbook!

Well, I don't have any of these cookbooks so I don't know what's in any of them. But in honor of my mother, who was a terrific cook, I choose the "Mom's cooking" selection!

Mom's Favourite Recipes gets my vote because that's the one I don't have!! Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out!!

I vote for Mom's Favorite Recipes! Blessings on you for doing this!

I have been looking for a blog JUST LIKE THIS to follow. I love all things Gooseberry and I love the Julie & Julia movie. I'm actually reading that original blog currently. oooh, I'm so excited!!

Just popped over from the Gooseberry Patch blog and my choice would be Mom's Favorite Recipes. Have fun and I will definately be back to check in and see what's cookin'!

My vote goes to Mom's Favorites.
It will be fun following along with you. Good Luck!

Just popped over from the Gooseberry Patch blog and my choice would be Mom's Favorite Recipes. Have fun and I will definately be back to check in and see what's cookin'!

This is a great idea. I have LOTS of GBP books and have two of these, but I don't have the "Whats for Dinner", so will vote for that and might have to get the book and follow along. Good Luck. My DD got me the movie and I loved it.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More