Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Super Mommy Secrets: Allison's Reusable Dryer Sheets


Today's Super Mommy, Allison shared with us they way she saves a lot of money on dryer sheets, but keeps her laundry smelling nice and feelin' soft.


Allison told me to grab a bottle of my favorite Fabric Softener (mine is Downy--her fav? Gain) and pour it into a sealable container.


Pardon my choice of container. My dad gave me a old 5 gallon bucket, but after scrubbing on it... and scrubbing and scrubbing, I discovered that it had a crack in the bottom! Now that would not be a GOODe thing... so I took one of my facilitator boxes and improvised :)


Anyhoo, then you add two parts water and stir.


Grab some sponges and cut them in half.


Give 'em a soak...


Then wring them out and toss 'em in with your unsorted clothes (ha!--don't recommend the unsorted thing, it is just how we Goodes roll sometimes ;) ).

Big thanks to Allison for sharing her Super Mommy Secret!

Do you have a Super Mommy Secret to share? We'd love to hear about it! You can send it to us here.

Linked to: Works for Me Wednesday
Photobucket

17 GOODe Thoughts:

May have to try this once I'm out of dryer sheets. Thanks for the tip!

I am so going to try this!! This seems to me to be a major cost savings. Thanks for sharing ; )'

I am so going to try this!! This seems to me to be a major cost savings. Thanks for sharing ; )'

Great idea! My boyfriend's clothes never smell fresh no matter what I use since he works in a chemical plant. Going to give this a try!

I LOVE this idea! Thanks Cris and Allison! One of my biggest pet peeves is how much softner costs and hot quickly it is gone...so this is perfect for me! :)

I usually pour mine in the softener thingy at the top of my washer, but I'm game to try something new.

Great idea!!!

We quit using softener sheets for a long time after we had Adam (super sensitive skin) and never really noticed a difference. But I've been using them again because I like the smell. :)

Wow! I have really never heard of this idea or anything like it! Excellent! I can't wait to try it out. :-)

new follower from friday blog hop.

http://www.bassgiraffe.com/2010/09/follow-friday-924.html

Wow you are good :) Congrats on being featured on Hop Along Friday. I am a new follower.

http://www.bellycharmsblog.com

LOve the dryer sheet idea. I make my own laundry soap so that fits in wonderfully. I am your newest follower from the blog hop. I hope you can follow me back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/2010/09/friday-blog-hops_23.html.
God Bless,
Shelley

thanks for the tip!
new follower from the blog hop

thanks for the tip!
new follower from the blog hop

new follower from friday blog hop.

http://www.bassgiraffe.com/2010/09/follow-friday-924.html

Great idea!!!

We quit using softener sheets for a long time after we had Adam (super sensitive skin) and never really noticed a difference. But I've been using them again because I like the smell. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More