Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

GOODe Memories: Holiday World- A Time Honored Tradition (Part 1)


This weekend Miss Add and I had the opportunity to go to Holiday World with some family and friends.



The trip was thanks to Aunt Lou and her beau, Michael--not to be confused with my Mike... cause that would just be weird...just sayin'

Anyhoo, Aunt Lou and Michael invited Miss Add, Memaw, me, my bestie Lisa and her grandson Jace to a day at Holiday World--aka a family tradition staple from years gone by.


Holiday World has always been a fixture in my life since I was a wee little one, however I never knew that it was actually the first theme park in the world!



This was actually my first time there in my "mommy" role, so I got to appreciate a whole different side to this gem of a park that has been voted "friendliest park in the world" for the last 12 years.


As you can see in the video above, I found that to be true. It is late in their season and yet their workers were nice and engaging--not to mention wonderful with the kiddos.


Truth be told there is just something cool about having your kid ride the same rides you did as a kid


Miss Add and "Baby Jace" as she calls him had such a GOODe time!


We just loved this little kiddie area. Packed full of rides for our little ones. 


There was so much to the park that we didn't even get to...


I will share more later in the week about our hilarious visit with Santa (the unsuspecting potty trainer) and the other fun we had that day.

Until then... just know, I haven fallen back in love with this place. We will be back-- far more often.

I heart it, to say the least.

Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

We need to get down there with the girls. I went when I was a wee one too. So glad you were able to revisit an old friend!

Jace and I had such a wonderful day! Thank you for inviting us and a BIG Thank You to Sara and Michael for the tickets!! This was a first ever visit to Hoilday World for myself and Jace.

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! I loved seeing the kids take in and enjoy the park we have loved since we were kids. :)

@Lisa...I'm so glad that you and Jace were able to come! I hope we get to see you guys again soon. Jace is a DOLL! :)

What fun! Love all the photos. Little Miss Add is just too cute!

Hi Cris!
Wow! Looks like a great place to visit! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. Love how adorable Add is!!Such a sweetie!!
Have a good one :)

When I saw the first picture, its of your family plus a little boy. I was confused.
:)

Looks like fun! I'm so excited about our Disney December trip I can't stand it. :)

Looks like fun! I'm so excited about our Disney December trip I can't stand it. :)

Hi Cris!
Wow! Looks like a great place to visit! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. Love how adorable Add is!!Such a sweetie!!
Have a good one :)

When I saw the first picture, its of your family plus a little boy. I was confused.
:)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More