Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a Goode Life: Tea for 2 and Gilbert too.




After a hard week of work. What else was there for Addie and I to do than sit down with Gilbert for a Goode Ole cup o tea?




We had the best waitress in town.




She was very dedicated to her craft.




Now, I enjoyed things... but Gilbert, well he had his very own version of toddler tea torture going on.




I mean seriously, look at how his ears are pinned back ;)




Eventually Add moved on... to torture mommy. At first things were fine when we made orange playdoh tea



But then one thing led to another and *GASP*




We had orange AND brown playdoh tea... in the same kettle even. If you follow my blog, you might know that I have quite the aversion to playdoh colors being mixed.

 Does that little spec of orange on the brown bother anyone else? I think I might just go photoshop it out to make myself feel better.




That Add, she is one crazy gal. You know what she did next?




She convinced me to take a walk on the wild side and "Add" some green into the mix.

I was doing ok, but then...



She started smooshing them together and I got a bit... um nervous. You may think I am kidding, but it bothered me.



Then it bothered me that it bothered me and that she should be able to smoosh all she wants without her mommy's absurd playdoh issues cropping up.  Don't ya hate when that happens?



Please know that I know I am super weird on this playdoh thing...I couldn't believe I was stressing out over playdoh.

Playdoh, people.

I think Add picked up on it. Let's hope she won't need therapy over it.



By the end she was sorting colors, like she knew somehow poor ole mom had had all the mixing and smooshing she could handle for one night.

In all seriousness though, my little life coach taught me another great lesson tonight.

Sometimes you need to just stop and play.

This week has been rough on us both since I went back to work. Schedules are off and there has been little time for play. Tonight Add was being a bit of a handful, so I stopped what I was doing and dug out the tea set she got from Grandma and Grandpa Benefiel for Christmas.




It was one of the toys I set aside for nights like tonight. So, we got it out and played and played and played.

We made cookies and basketti.

We served orange tea.

We served brown tea.

We served green tea.

And ya know what? With each cup--my mood shifted a little and the week began to dissolve away.

I think I had as much fun as she did at our little tea party. And, she lit up to see Mommy back in her rightful spot playing with her once again.

Gilbert and I are so lucky to have such a great hostess.




I guess multi-colored playdoh tea parties are my cup of tea afterall...


2 GOODe Thoughts:

I literally gasped when I saw the mixing of colors and again when I saw the smooshing. haha I'm just curious....I thought that only one color was allowed out of the container at a time....how did Ad convice you to even let her have not just two, but THREE colors out all at once?! haha Love ya both!

I got to thinking what fun are all these colors one at a time. She had a ball and I coped...lol!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More