Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a Goode Life: Monday-ness

Mondays are rough. Mondays after vacay are rougher. Having to be at work for an 8 am staff meeting on Mondays after vacay is uber-rough.

Leaving my baby this morning was rough. Missing her all day was rougher. Coming home to all I missed was uber-rough.

So instead of focusing on the Monday-ness of today, I am going to choose to be thankful.

I am thankful for my husband and his mad caveman-like fire-making skills.

I am thankful for co-workers who clean out stinky fridges for the rest of us.

I am thankful for my mama's chili recipe that warms the soul in the bone chillin' weather.

I am thankful for the open arms of a God full of grace.

I am thankful for Monkeys and playdoh.

I am thankful for a good job with good people.

I am thankful for new hope in a new year.

I am thankful for a sister who is a friend.

I am thankful for reduced-fat JIF peanut butter and whipped cream cheese... and my thighs are thankful too.

I am thankful for the Neti Pot.

I am thankful for authors who I admire (John Fisher, Lou Tice, Max Armstrong, etc.)

I am thankful for Jars of Clay's Worlds Apart.

I am thankful for my Grandma.

I am thankful for child size Goode Excavating hats




and the adorable heads that wear them.



I am thankful for co-workers that go the extra mile to make sure you have what you need.

I am thankful for warm down blankets and the farmers that raise the ducks that produce the down.

I am thankful for good Facebook friends that make me laugh.

I am thankful for Sprout.

I am thankful for phone calls with my mom.

I am thankful for a good camera and good software to make my pics look good :)

I am thankful the color red.

I am thankful for the time I had with my family over the holidays.

I am thankful that Big is happy as an outdoor doggie.

I am thankful for sharp cheddar cheese.

I am thankful for good TV and DVRs so I don't miss any of my favorite shows.

I am thankful for naps and staying up late.

I am thankful for smart, creative people.

I am thankful for not so smart people too... don't mean to discriminate ;)

I am thankful for remote access at work.

I am thankful for Psalms 37:4, John 3:16-17 and Colossians 4:6

I am thankful for movie dates.

I am thankful for silver linings.

I am thankful for Flower Factory.

I am thankful for Mexican restaurants.

I am thankful for story time with and little Monkeys that love storybooks.

I am thankful for the good sense not to buy things off of info-mercials...anymore.

I am thankful that no one can make me take down my Christmas tree until I want to.

I am thankful that Addie insists on still lighting up the Christmas tree even though it is January 4th... and that it probably annoys someone somewhere.

And last but not least, I am thankful that tomorrow is not Monday and that we don't have another Monday for a whole week!









4 GOODe Thoughts:

I'm thankful for you and all your thankfulness! You are such an inspiration and a joy.

Reading this makes me think of all the things that I am thankful for. It's nice to be reminded that sometimes we need to make the effort to think about all the good in our lives, even whn it is hard to find sometimes.

Enjoy reading the blog, so today, I am thankful for the giggles and intraspection that you provide.

Thanks Anon! Happy to be of service :)

Reading this makes me think of all the things that I am thankful for. It's nice to be reminded that sometimes we need to make the effort to think about all the good in our lives, even whn it is hard to find sometimes.

Enjoy reading the blog, so today, I am thankful for the giggles and intraspection that you provide.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More