Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, February 26, 2010

It's A Goode Life: The Girls have been freed!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Girls have been freed!

And no, I am not referring to the burning of any undergarments.

I am referring to my Gilmore Girls DVDs that have been trapped in our broken DVD player...


If you are unfamiliar with Lorelai and Stars Hollow and Luke and Rory and Emily and Kirk and Suki... well I am not sure we have much to talk about until you do...so quick, go get the series and watch them--do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Now back to our hostage situation.

I have been imagining Lorelai hollering "Help me, helllllllppppp me!" over and over again-- in a way that only Lorelai can.

So, I have been holding a "Puddie Save the Girls" campaign until he finally caved and began the rescue. ;)



He was not amused by my gasping at every little sound as they were being rescued.



It was VERY hard for me to see them in peril.

The Girls (as Addie calls them) are a fixture in our home and have a lot of sentimental emotions tied to them. We first got to know them right after Addie was born and watched them constantly during my maternity leave. 

Addie loves the Girls.

We watch them so much that one day Add and I were taking a photo of  us in a mirror and when she saw the picture, she turned to me and said, "Look Mommy! The Girls!!!" I melted.



But Puddie, he took charge and saved the day.



I was so relieved.



And then it was revealed that not only had the Girls been trapped...



 but Miss Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy as well!



Thank heavens I was unaware of the extent of this misfortune or someone would have had to fetch my smelling salts!



But fear not, My Puddie came through for me.

However, the theater system was not as lucky. (Don't tell Puddie, but serves it right for holding my favorite folks captive!)

BTW - If anyone knows of someone selling a good used 1000w system for cheap-- email me. (We are a Ramsey family these days afterall ;) )

Anyhow, this little detainment made me think of how humorous it might be to imagine Lorelai meeting Mr. Darcy *swoon* and his prejudice ...(or better yet Catherine Deberg...lol!)

In honor of their freedom I found a couple sets of clips of Gilmorisms...




And one great Pride and Prejudice moment...


Betcha can't guess what I have playing on the Xbox right now. You get two guesses ;)

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More