Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easy as 1-2-3 Cinnamon Rolls


Dear Reader-

Are you looking for a cinnamon roll recipe that tastes oh-so-made-from-scratch without the time commitment?





Well, it is a GOODe thing you guys voted for this Easy as 1-2-3 Cinnamon Rolls recipe as the Breakfast recipe you wanted me to share from the yet-to-be released Gooseberry Patch Quick and Easy Autumn Cookbook.


This recipe from Dannielle Spencer of South Solon, OH is truly quick and easy... but you would never be able to tell that from the ooey gooey wonder that this recipe results in... just saying.


You start by greasing and flouring a 9 x 13 pan...


Sprinkle the pan w/ 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts


And place your frozen rolls on top... now the recipe calls for 20 rolls... my bag had 24... so I snuck them in... which may or may not have been a mistake... I'll let you be the judge of that later on...


Now for the secret ingredient... measure out 1/4 cup of Butterscotch pudding mix


Add 1 t of cinnamon


1/2 cup packed brown sugar


And 2 T of sugar


Now mix 'er up


And sprinkle over the top of the rolls


Now melt up 1/2 cup of butter


And pour on top... evenly... such pressure... I know. 

Every time I see the word evenly in a recipe I get all tense... what if I am un-even?? What if I accidentally pour it all in one place...

Let's just take a deep breath... and know that if we screw up... it is only a good reason for more butter... and butter makes everything all better ;)


Now, it is time to let the babies rise...


I prefer to let my bread rise in my closed microwave... that keeps it safe from preschoolers ya know ;)


Now, I probably should have read my roll package when it said its rolls rise in 3 hrs vs. the 8 hrs called for in the recipe... just sayin'...

That and I probably should have stuck to 20 rolls vs. 24...

But when I saw this HUGE surprise waiting for me... I just decided that there was just more to love and baked them up at 325 degrees for 25 minutes...


Now turn them over on a cookie sheet while their hot and that is where the magic is...


Yummy!


Truth be told I wanted to see how these would freeze up, but between company and co-workers, these babies didn't stand a chance of making it to my freezer.

Guess that means we will just have to whip another batch up sometime... darn ;)


(NOTE: To print the recipe card only, click on the card and then right click to save or print the card only.)

Have you entered to win Gooseberry Patch's Quick and Easy Autumn BEFORE you can buy it? I am giving away one as we speak... there are tons of ways to enter.... Check it out!

  






Photobucket

6 GOODe Thoughts:

Love the idea of using butterscotch pudding in this recipe.

Those look so beyond good and so completely dangerous!

I think I need to go whip up a batch now! They look great!!

I would say that I'm sorry I contributed to rolls not making it to the freezer....BUT I'd be lying. ;) Those we YUUUUUUUMMMMY! :)

I have made something very similar to this on a chuch trip, but it called for placing them in the oven to rise (not turned on) and leaving them overnight. Then you just turn it on in the morning. When we did it we used a taller disposable aluminum pan, so we didn't have the major spillover issue :-)
Yum!
Bernice

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More