Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I heart IKEA


I may or may not have sent the following message to a few of my girlfriends...


"If any of you go back to IKEA any time soon, I want 4 more of those little laundry things. Holy cow, I love them… that is all ;)"


I just love these SUPER inexpensive laundry bins that fold up but still let the laundry stay in the bag. 

Love, love, love!

I want to keep a few in my laundry room all folded up and rotate them as bins full of dirty laundry come in and use them to transport clean laundry. 

LOVE them. 

At $5 a pop, they are wayyy more useful than a laundry basket and easier to tuck away in the laundry room.


Truth be told, I thought these muffin tins were going to be my favorite purchase.


I even bought the special extra tall liners to fit the extra tall muffins. Unfortunately, though-- I don't really like the tall cupcakes... they tend to fall apart a lot easier and they make the best part of the cupcake (the top) much smaller while not reducing calories like mini cupcakes...


I do love the kids cups and --oh my word-- the kids bowls! Total awesome recommendation of Gal... the IKEA pro that led newbies like me around and made the BEST recommendations.

I haven't tried my double boiler yet, but that is one awesome whisk... just sayin'


Love the kitchen towels w/ the hanging loops and the step stool was yet another great recommendation by Gal.


 I am most excited about these items though (note: Sharpies were purchased at Walmart, not IKEA).

These are the materials I am going to use to frame my inspiration wall with memory curtains... more on that later ;)


All of these purchases were made possible when my gal pals and I took a road trip a while back to see a certain Pioneer Woman...



We made a day of it and went to IKEA before heading to Jungle Jim's and then off to see the woman herself.


This was my first time there and I gots to tell ya, it won't be the last!

The are rumors of a monthly trip.


Anyone got a bigger truck? Or, trailer perhaps?

Photobucket

19 GOODe Thoughts:

I love IKEA! We have one in Atlanta, so we go several times a year. We have actually bought quite a bit of furniture from there. We have an awesome wallunit in our bedroom as well as an entertainment wall in the LR. And my kitchen chairs come from there! And various other cool things! be sure you check out the As Is section. You have to dig for gold, but you never know what you might find!
Bernice

I have never been to IKEA, but I think I need to go sometime. It is all the talk around here.

Too funny. When I went to Minneapolis last summer for Creative memories, I drug the other 4 (3 of whom had never been there) to Ikea. They thought I was nuts, until we'd been there for a few minutes! I soooo wish it wasn't 4 hours away! We had the car completely packed. And a couple of them went back a few weeks later!

Oh, I love Ikea, it is a three hour drive for us, and I was just telling my husband that we need to go there this week.

Nothing's better than Ikea.

Nothing's better than Ikea.

Ikea is so dangerous. I can only go every once in awhile, otherwise I'd be in A LOT of trouble!

We have those cups and bowls for Pie and I love them...the plates too! :)

Tried to post a comment the other day...glad I only lead you astray on the muffin tin! Of course you've now saved me from buying it, so thank you!

I am thinking that I need to do the same thing--now that I know what I am walking into!

I think this won't be the last trip for us Indiana farm gals! You'll have to come with us next time :)

Many were tempted to purchase furniture, but we had a very full SUV. Next time we tease that we are bringing a trailer!

Tried to post a comment the other day...glad I only lead you astray on the muffin tin! Of course you've now saved me from buying it, so thank you!

Aren't they awesome?!? Love those bowls. Perfect for snacks, cereals, etc.

Oh I knew they were a risk. They are still ok... just not awesome :) So, when are we going again?

Your're gonna need a trailer for sure! I just love IKEA and always find such great deals there. Your post reminds me, I need to head over to one again soon.

If the Indiana girls make a return trip, sign me up! I've never been to one, either.
I don't think I really need anything, but I'm sure I'd find something...

Oh - I could go crazy in there!!!! Is the closest one Cinci??

Your're gonna need a trailer for sure! I just love IKEA and always find such great deals there. Your post reminds me, I need to head over to one again soon.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More