Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes


Rosemary Roasted Potatoes... Yum. The name says it all.

I so heart rosemary... every spring I buy a big "tree-like" bush of it and cross my fingers and my two brown thumbs hoping that I don't kill it before the end of summer...


Anyhoo, when I saw this delightful recipe from Penny Sherman of Cumming, GA in Gooseberry Patch's Homestyle in a Hurry, I KNEW it would have to be a part of my Early Bird Review!


You start with 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil... speaking of which... any olive oil connoisseurs out there? What is your favorite kind? (Popeye need not respond... I know who your favorite Olive Oil is... such a lovely gal) I don't have a clue what makes a good (non-cartoon) olive oil... anyone care to educate me?


(I promise it was 1/4 cup... even though the camera angle makes it look like 1/3 ;))

Now add 1/2 t Garlic Salt


1 t Onion Powder


1/4 t Paprika & 1/2 t Pepper


Toss in a few sprigs of Rosemary --popping the "leaves" off the stems or use 1 t Dried Rosemary


Now take 2 lbs of red potatoes and chop them up and place them in a baking pan...


Now drizzle your taters with your very aromatic mixture...


Yummy!

Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes and then stir. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the taters are tender!


Enjoy!

If you'd like to win Homestyle in a Hurry before you can buy it in stores, check out my Early Bird giveaway!

Photobucket

9 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh yea! I entered and so hope I win, but in the meantime, I am so making potatoes tonight!!

I love rosemary too, and last year I managed to not only raise it in my garden, but winter it over so I could use snippets of it all throughout the cold months. This year I tried the same thing. I've got about 3 sprigs of rosemary left on the plant. I don't know what it's problem is, but I better pick them quick and make these potatoes!!

I will have to try that recipe sometime. Looks very yummy!!! :)

Cris, I find the best olive oil to use if extra virgin olive oil from the first cold pressing. This just means the oil was not heated up during the pressing process. The oil retains more of the nutrients this way.

Cris I am not an expert but I use Extra light olive oil for everything baking frying. You use less than the recipe calls for if you use olive oil. Google Bertolli olive oil and they tell the story about olive oil and give the measurement chart

One of my all-time favorites!
I too LOVE rosemary!
It is always a garden and kitchen staple, and I can hardly wait until it warms up enough here, to grow it again :)

One of my all-time favorites!
I too LOVE rosemary!
It is always a garden and kitchen staple, and I can hardly wait until it warms up enough here, to grow it again :)

Cris I am not an expert but I use Extra light olive oil for everything baking frying. You use less than the recipe calls for if you use olive oil. Google Bertolli olive oil and they tell the story about olive oil and give the measurement chart

Oh yea! I entered and so hope I win, but in the meantime, I am so making potatoes tonight!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More