Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Hot Pecan Dip (Dipstock)


I was so excited to cook up some dips from my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project for The Saucy Dipper's Dipstock!

I discovered this gem of a site when she dropped by GOODEness Gracious to let me know that she shared my Pumpkin Dip with her readers and I have just loved her site ever since! So, when I heard she was having a week long celebration of dip--dubbed Dipstock, I was totally game!



I knew I was going to have meeting today so I whipped up three of my project recipes: Hot Pecan Dip (middle), Zesty Bacon Dip (right) and Creamy Dijon-Ham Spread (left). 

I love feeding my colleagues... keeps 'em happy and lessens the amount of calories my thighs consume while cooking my way through this project...just sayin'


I will share the other two dips in a later post, but tonight let's focus on the Hot Pecan Dip... Yum!


Ya start by cutting up a little package of beef


And tossin' 'er in a bowl with a softened block of cream cheese



Now add 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper


And one grated onion... ain't it GRATE ;)


Now add 2 T of Milk


1/2 cup of sour cream and some pepper to taste


And mix 'er up and put 'er in a dish to bake --set aside


Now melt ya up 2 T Butter


Mix up with 1/2 cup chopped pecans with a little salt. Now toss on a pan and broil until toasted --stirring often... Truth be told you could broil these while making the dip. 



I wouldn't recommend it though...just sayin'

I was a repeat offender. I burnt TWO batches... count them 1...2!


Thank heavens the third time was a charm or this "Hot Pecan Dip" was going to be "Hot Dip".

Now, if you are going to serve right away, top your dip with your pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. If you are going to remove the dip from the baking dish to serve, you can just add the pecans after baking like I did (besides, I didn't want to risk burning a third batch of nuts--that would just be NUTS... just sayin')



Yummo!




Click here for more project recipes 


0 GOODe Thoughts:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More