Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Slow-Cooker Lasagna


The other day Puddie told me he wanted to invite some work buddies over for dinner... so, I thought that was a perfect time to pull another recipe from my Goode & Gooseberry Project!



I chose Crockpot Lasagna after seeing how my bloggy pal Lana's recent Gooseberry Patch Best Ever Lasagna turned out (different recipe--check it out!) and thought it would be perfect for Puddie's hungry crew.


So, I started out with making some seasoned ground beef in my new favorite kitchen uber-tool, my Micro-cooker!


I chopped it up into finer crumbles with my mix 'n chop and then I got down to business makin' my meat sauce.


I added the sauce, paste and water


The mushrooms... oh how I heart mushrooms! 

When my college roommate and I were in high school, we would always order the best mushroom pizzas from the local pizza place and eat a whole one between us. Nothing beat a mushroom pizza from Daves!


Now only one person loves them more than me. Aunt Lou just adores mushrooms...don't you Lou???
I might just be fibbin'... ;)


Now ya add some oregano, 1 T to be exact... and salt to taste


Now mix 'er up and set aside.


Now grab your cheeses... 2 Cups Mozzarella


12 oz. Cottage Cheese


1/2 Cup Parm... Now, I would have preferred to grate my own, but the store was out... so I got shredded. I love fresh parm... but the powdered stuff... not so much...just sayin'




Now stir it all up


Now put a layer of your meat sauce on the bottom of your crock pot.


Grumble because yet again you accidentally grabbed the "oven ready" lasagna instead of just regular. I much prefer regular noodles...just sayin'


Put a layer of noodles down anyhow ;)


Put a layer of cheese and then realize you forgot to take a picture ;) Now repeat layers 2 more times and end with sauce on top!


Cook on low for 5 hrs...


Now serve up to a hungry crew of rail roaders ;)


Yum! 






Photobucket

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More