Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's a Goode Life: Drivin' Robin --Tweet Tweetly-Tweet


The Goodes went to Red Robin tonight.



Why? Because while we were out dishwasher shopping (machine not person--although if there are any volunteers out there--just email me:)  Addie said "To Eat" --her version of I am hungry. Upon asking what she wanted for dinner she said "French Fries".  Just so you know-- I am dusting my mantel as we speak for that mother of the year award.

So, french fries it was... and who has the best fries? Red Robin --of course.

Upon arriving, we had about a 15 minute wait to be seated. So what is a family of 3 with a two year-old to do? Daddy to the rescue!

Daddy promptly got some change and took Addie over to the arcade part of the restaurant with a knowing grin that Mommy wouldn't object because he was doing it all for Addie ;)

Mommy promptly got her camera while Daddy and Addie started their first driving lesson.  If I were a bettin' woman I would bet what followed is a foreshadow of about 14 yrs from now.



Look at my girl with her placement at 10 and 2.  A pro already



Uh-oh... hey Add --look at the road not the wheel



Daddy couldn't help but intervene



Lol! Look at his face!  I should have told him it wasn't really a car crash--just pretend Daddy. And look at Add--she must have dropped her lipstick.



Things got serious real quick and we needed Gilbert.



Oh dear.  It's OK Add--it is only a game no matter how seriously Daddy is taking it (note Dad's arm). Daddy was really into his---err her game.

By the time the driving lesson was over, it was time "to eat". Many french fries and no less than 3 very loud "Happy Birthday" songs to other patrons later, we were ready to go dishwasher shoppin'.

Afterward I thought a lot about how Mike wanted so badly to take the wheel from Addie and Addie wanted so badly to control it--even if that meant she would crash it.

This seems so much like many scenarios in parenting and spiritual matters.

In parenting--it is hard to know when to take the wheel from her and when to let her take it whether she sails or crashes.  And, I am sure that will only get harder as she gets older.

In spiritual matters I am sure God has wanted to jerk the wheel from my hand a time or two--and in fact has.  But I-- like an all knowing 2 year old-- complain to Him to "give it back" and drive myself right into a wall.

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More